Assessment Policy for Classes Nursery to XII
Nursery – Prep:-
The academic year is divided into two terms and each term has two assessment reports. Each assessment report is based on the continuous evaluation based on class activities, worksheets and assignments on day to day basis.
Classes I & II:
The academic year is divided into two terms and each term has two assessment reports. There shall be no formal examinations for classes I & II. The students will be assessed on the basis of day to day performance and regular classroom observations. The assessments would comprise of worksheets, assignments, recitation, reading, group discussions, dictation, project works, quizzes, extempore, multiple choice questions (MCQs), interactions, short answer questions (SAQs), field projects etc.
Letter grades will be given as per the point 5 grading scale mentioned below:-
B: VERY GOOD
D: NEEDS ENCOURAGEMENT
The report card will only reflect the grades.
Classes III to Class XII
Academic session has been divided into two terms, First Term(from April to September) and Second Term (from October to March). Each term has two Formative and one Summative Assessment.
- Formative or Summative Assessment absentees will be marked zero, exemption if any will be granted by the Principal.
- Class III to X will have four Formative and two Summative Assessments.
- Class XI will have two semesters (I/II) one in each term.
- Class XII will have one semester and Half Yearly Examination in Term-I and one Pre-Board Examination in Term-II.
- The result for the classes III to X will be based on the following break up:
- 10% Weightage of each Formative Assessment.
- 30% Weightage of First Summative and 30 % weightage of Second Summative Assessment.[FA1 (10%) + FA2 (10%) + FA3 (10%) + FA4 (10%) + SA1 (30%) + SA2 (30%)=100%]
- Result for class XI will be based on the following breakup 20% SEM-I + 30%Half Yearly + 20% SEM-II + 30% Annual Examination=100%
- Minimum D grade in each main subject is the basic criteria for qualifying to the next higher class for classIII to X.
Important Instructions Related to Examinations
- Formative Assessment will be conducted in the zero period as per schedule given in school Almanac (page 21 & 22)
- For classes III – X: Each Formative Assessments will consist of two major parts as mentioned below:-
- Formal Exam :
- (Written/Non Written)20 Marks
- Regular Class room Activity Observation (During class room observation on day to day basis) 05 Marks
- Formal Exam :
- For classes XI & XII: Semester I/II shall be conducted.
CRITERIA FOR PROMOTION TO CLASS X/XII
- As per CBSE for class IX & X, students would have to obtain at least 25% marks in the Summative Assessments (both SA-1 & SA-2 taken together) to be eligible to qualify the examination i.e. at least 28 marks out of 90 marks & total 33% in each of the five subjects of scholastic area.
- Criteria for promotion in the class XI Securing (minimum 33%) in all the subjects (Theory and Practical separately) In Practical subjects student should pass the theory and practical exams separately Appearing in all examinations is absolutely mandatory.
- No retest of any kind will be conducted for Formative Assessment.
- If any exam will be shifted from scheduled dates due to any circumstances then it will be mandatory for all to follow changed schedule as per given instructions & no application/ excuse for any reason will be entertained for the same.
- In genuine case of absence during examination the Principal will decide on the merit of each case. Decision relating promotion of such cases will be at the sole discretion of the Principal (Based on excellence in academics and attendance). The Medical certificate in case of medical leave should be submitted to the school within one week.
- CBSE has introduced Open Text Based Assessment (OTBA) in SA-II of class IX & XI from the session 2014 (Weightage of 10 marks).
- There will be an Assessment of Speaking & Listening Skills (ASL) in English for IX & XI class students (Weightage of 20 Marks).
- A student is eligible to appear for the examinations at class X & XII level only, when he/she has attained at least 75% of attendance for the 1st of the month preceding the month in which the examination of the School/ Board commences.
Awards and Recognition
- “Appreciation Certificates” shall be awarded to students from classes Nursery to Class II.
- Scholar Badge (for class III onwards)- The criteria for the award and scholar badge shall be strictly followed as mentioned below:-
|Class||Minimum % age||Subjects|
|III – X||A1/A2 grades, A grade||In all main subjects Co – scholastic areas|
|XI – XII||80 % and above in aggregate in cumulative result and 75 %or above in each subject||In all five main subjects|
Note: Minimum 85 % attendance is pre requisite for consideration of scholar badge. Following awards will be given for securing scholar badge in consecutive years on the basis of the abovementioned criteria.
- Scholar badge for 1st and 2nd consecutive years.
- Scholar blue blazer for having received scholar badges for three consecutive years.
- Scholar Badge (blue) and Scholar Bronze Medal for having received scholar badge for four consecutive years.
- Scholar Badge (blue) and Scholar Silver Medal for having received scholar badge for five consecutive years.
- Scholar Blue Blazer, Scholar Gold Medal and Blue Neck Tie for having received scholar badge for six consecutive years.
- Scholar Badge (blue), Scholar Bronze Trophy and Blue Neck Tie for having received scholar badge for seven consecutive years.
- Scholar Badge (blue), Scholar Silver Trophy and Blue Neck Tie for having received scholar badge for eight consecutive years.
- Scholar Blue Blazer, Scholar Gold Trophy and Blue Neck Tie for having received scholar badge for nine consecutive years.
- Scholar Badge (blue), Chairman’s Trophy and Blue Neck Tie for having received scholar badge for ten consecutive years.
Non- Academic Awards:-
- Awards for Excellence in sports.
- Rolling trophies are awarded to the Best House in co-curricular activities, sports, literary activitiesetc.
Note: A student shall have no claim on any award, if he/she has been issued with any of the Punishment Cards, during his/her studentship in the school.