Continuous & Comprehensive Evaluation is a system which triggers all round development of the child’s personality through continual and periodic evaluation in Scholastic and Co- Scholastic areas both inside and outside of the school.
Scholastic aspect includes evaluation of curricular areas or subject specific areas through formal test methods. Therefore, an academic session has been divided into two terms, where each term carry out two Formative & one Summative assessments while Co-scholastic aspects include lifeskills, Co-curricular activities, Attitudes and Values etc. DPS Aligarh is intended to provide holistic profile of the child’s growth right from PG to Class XII.
Advantages of CCE Over Traditional System of Evaluation
The objectives of the Scheme are:
- To help develop cognitive, psychomotor and affective skills.
- To lay emphasis on thought process and de-emphasize memorization.
- To make evaluation an integral part of teaching-learning process.
- To reduce stress on children & to incorporate greater skills.
- To minimize misclassification of the students on the basis of marks.
- To eliminate unhealthy cut-throat competition among the high achievers.
- To reduce inter and intra examiner variability in marking so as to use evaluation as a quality control devise to maintain desired standard of performance.
- To make the process of teaching and learning a learner-centered activity.
- To make evaluation comprehensive and regular.
- To provide opportunities to the teacher for creative teaching.
Nine Point Grade Scale
Scholastic Area (Academic Assessment)
Five Point Grading Scale
|A||4.1 – 5.0|
|B||3.1 – 4.0|
|C||2.1 – 3.0|
|D||1.1 – 2.0|
|E||0.0 – 1.0|