Workshop given by- DR J C PANT, PRINCIPAL, DPS, BULANDHSHAHAR
Delhi Public School, Aligarh organized a Teacher’s Personality Development Workshop in the school premises on 20th May, 2016. This distinctive workshop was conducted by an erudite like Dr. JC Pant, principal of DPS, Bulandshahar in the enlightened presence of innovatory Mrs Pallavi Upadhyaya, Principal and Mr Chandrashekhar Sharma,Vice Principal of DPS, Aligarh. Dr Pant counseled teachers on how to improve productivity and patience while dealing with students, developing positive thinking, clear understanding of child’s psychology and behavior, ways of distressing, expressiveness and innovative and effective teaching methods. He used life skills and stories to impart unique skills in teachers to make classroom lively and teaching effective. He also told importance of teachers in a child’s life by saying “Teachers have to understand dignity of their personality and gravity of their words.” He also emphasized on using three essentials RIGHT TIME, RIGHT PLACE and RIGHT PERSON. The session was highly interactive wherein he gave opportunity to the teachers to come forefront and demonstrate their teaching methodology in class. He played a vital role in cultivating the understanding of one self’s behavior for colleagues, friends and children in a very short span of time via few scholarly questionnaires. The workshop was motivating and refreshing for teachers. Ended with laughter and smiling faces to understand the following better:
“We change the world,
Or the world changes us.
Change or be changed,
The choice remains Ours!!”
As per the CBSE guidelines a banner making competition was organised by DPS Senior wing depicting the evil effects of TOBBACO on the Wednesday 11th of May, 2016 in our art room.
All the four houses participated in the competition with great vigour and enthusiasm. They rolled their impressive ideas on BANNERS with colours.They shared a numerous unbelievable harmful effects of tobacco.
They depicted how it can cause various types of cancers ruining the life of the entire family by giving a mental and financial trauma.
Our Principal encouraged the participants andextolled their tremendous performance by felicitating them before the entire assembly .The students were highly applauded by the entire school.
An interaction com orientation programme was organized by Ambience Public School, New-Delhi . It followed the guidance of the successful ECHO Model in healthcare. This model is now used for mainstream education in order to transform education since research has indicated that the singular most important factor that affects students’ performance is the quality of the teachers.
Mrs. Ankur Pathak, Mrs. Hemleena Pawar and Mrs. Pragya Singh Sikarwar were shortlisted to be mentored in the orientation programme. The programme look off by a welcome note by the Principal, the participating schools was introduced and so was the ECHO Model by Dr. Sunil Anand.
It was followed by refreshment. The facilities were up to the mark and it was a very interesting experience.
Pragya Singh Sikarwar
- A workshop on “Puppetry in Education” was conducted at Ambience Public School, New Delhi which was attended by Mrs. Neeru Gupta on 5 February, 2015.
- Mrs. Chitra Gupta attended the workshop on “Curriculum Mapping by British Council” from 2 March 2015 to 4 March 2015.
- Mrs. Chitra Gupta attended the workshop on British Council International School Award on 27 February 2015.
- Mrs. Puja Bhargava attended a workshop on “Enhancing Mathematical Abilities through Activities and Mental Arithmetic for Primary Classes” at HRD Centre DPS Dwarka on 22 December to 24 December 2014.
- Mr. Sudhir Kumar Sharma attended “ A Day Programme for Teachers as Oral Examiners” at Radiant Starts English School, Khair Aligarh. The workshop was conducted by by Ms. Sonu Nayyar, CBSE New Delhi.
- Mr. Makeshwar Konai and Mr. Ashutosh attended the workshop “Fundamentals of Physics” at HRD Centre, DPS Dwarka from 9 September to 11 September 2015.
- Mr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma, Vice Principal, Delhi Public School Aligarh attended the workshop titled “National Workshop on Mandatory CBSE SQAA” at Agra on 16 October 2015.
- Mrs. Ankur Pathak and Mrs. Pragya Singh Sikarwar attended a workshop on “ECHO” at Ambience Public School New Delhi on 17 October 2015.
- Mrs. Sunita Agrawal attended the “Certificate Course in Early Childhood Education (Batch XVI)” under the aegis of Delhi Public School Society, New Delhi.
- Ms. Rajni Gupta was delegated to attend the two days Training Programme on “Challenging Areas in English Core Class XII” at Delhi Public School Mathura Refinery, Mathura on 7 January to 8 January 2016. The workshop was conducted by CBSE.
- 10 teachers from Delhi Public School Aligarh attended a workshop at Delhi Public School Civil Lines Aligarh on “Discipline Without Tears”.
- Mrs. Samvedna was delegated to attend a workshop on “Adolscent Health Issues and Management of Students with Austism Disorder” at Ambience Public School, New Delhi on 8 February to 9 February 2016.
- Ms. Garima Sharma attended the workshop “Exploring with Science” at HRD Centre DPS Dwarka on 15 February to 17 February 2016.
- Shri Akhilesh Yadav, Honourable Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh was invited for “Nagrik Abhinandan Samaroh” to Delhi Public School Aligarh on 18 February 2016. 12 students Harshit Gupta, Astha Agarwal, Tanisha Varshney, Mradushi Agrawal, Anchal Ahuja, Harshit Paliwal, Siddhartha Sharma, Vaibhav Goyal, Chaitanya Pandey were felicitated by Honourable Chief Minister, Uttar Pradesh.
- Delhi Public School Aligarh was ranked 58 position in all India Ranking National Rank in Day Boarding school, 5th position in the state Uttar Pradesh and 1st position in city Aligarh, Education work survey.
- The basketball Team (Boys) of Delhi Public School Aligarh participated in the “Inter DPS Basketball Tournament (Boys)” at DPS Eldeco Lucknow and qualified for the Nationals Inter DPS Basketball tournament (Boys) to be played at DPS Bulandshahr.
- Delhi Public School Aligarh hosted the “PAVNA ALL INDIA FIDE RATED CHESS TOURNAMENT” from 18 May to 22 May 2015. Around 120 participants from all over the country participated.
- The dance team of Delhi Public School Aligarh participated in the “Inter DPS Dance Festival – 2015 NRITYANJALI” at Delhi Public School Ranipur. The school qualified for the Final Round to be hosted at Delhi Public School Noida. The team bagged the Best Props and Best Costumes Award.
- 2 students along with an escort teacher participated in the Delhi Public School Kalyanpur, Kanpur in the “DPSK MUN Conference – 2015”.
- 34 teachers and 48 students appearing Board Examinations 2015 received Appreciation Letters from Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani, Honourable Minister of Education, Government of India.
- 142 students appeared for the 15th SOF National Cyber Olympiad on 8 October 2015. The school bagged 8 gold medals, 8 silver medals and 8 bronze medals. 7 students qualified for the 2nd round.
- Delhi Public School Aligarh hosted the “Bal Ratna Khoj” under the aegis of Kabir Peace Mission. 18 nos. of schools participated from city Aligarh. The 1st, 2nd & 3rd prizes were bagged by Delhi Public School Civil Lines Aligarh, St. Fidelis School Aligarh and Delhi Public School Aligarh.
- 18th SOF National Science Olympiad was conducted on 15 October 2015, wherein 215 students were appeared. The school bagged 12 gold, 11 silver and 10 bronze medals. 14 students got qualified for the 2nd Level.
- 6 students from Delhi Public School Aligarh were awarded “Certificate of Merit” for their outstanding performance in AISSCE – 2015.
- 288 students registered for NSTSE 2016. The NSTSE was conducted on 4 December 2016, wherein 277 students appeared. 3 students Hemant Garg (IX), Riya Jain (IX) and Ayush Goswami (IX) were qualified for the 2nd round.
- 337 students participated in the 9th SOF International Maths Olympiad. The school bagged 13 gold medals, 11 silver medals and 11 bronze medals. 13 students qualified for the 2nd level. 2 students were awarded by the Gold Medal of Excellence.
- The cricket team of Delhi Public School Aligarh participated in the 2nd Amity Cup at Amity International School Noida. Delhi Public School Aligarh won the Champions Trophy.
- The cricket team of Delhi Public School Aligarh won the MLDV Inter School Cricket Tournament at city Hathras in December 2015.
- Delhi Public School Aligarh hosted the First 8 Aside Inter School Football Tournament Open (Boys) where the Football Team of Delhi Public School Aligarh won the first Runner Up Trophy and Our Lady of Fatima was declared as the Champions Team.
- 545 students appeared for SOF in English International Olympiad.
- Miss Himadri Varshney, class XII won the Branch Level Debate Competition conducted by ICAI (The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India) and was selected to participate in the Regional Level Inter School debate Competition at Kanpur on 23 January 2016.
- 22 students participated in the International French Olympiad 2016 on 28 January 2016.
- The Athletics team of Delhi Public School Aligarh participated in the Farhan Memorial Open District Athletics Meet 2016 being conducted by AMU Aligarh on 30 to 31 January 2016. The team won 3 gold medals, 12 silver medals and 3 bronze medals.
- Delhi Public School Aligarh won the 1st Runner Up Trophy in the Inter School Athletics Meet 2016 organized by Hindustan. Students bagged a no. of medals in various fields and track events.